Diversity Awards & Recognition
- 10% of the 2012 Top 50 Florida Female Super Lawyers were from Fowler White Boggs. Cathy J. Beveridge, Amelia M. Campbell, Rhea F. Law, Hala A. Sandridge and Linda Loomis Shelly were selected to the list. Ms. Sandridge was also listed as a Top 100 Florida Super Lawyer.
- Florida Super Lawyers named eight FWB female attorneys in the 2012 edition: Cathy J. Beveridge (Employment & Labor); Heather B. Brock (Employment & Labor); Amelia M. Campbell (Estate Planning & Probate); Rhea F. Law (Land Use & Zoning); Donna L. Longhouse (Estate Planning & Probate); Hala A. Sandridge (Appellate); Linda L. Shelley (Land Use/Zoning); and Adele I. Stone (Real Estate).
- Ten female attorneys have been named by their peers to the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Cathy J. Beveridge (Labor & Employment); Amelia M. Campbell (Trusts and Estates); Rhea F. Law (Administrative / Regulatory Law); Donna L. Longhouse (Trusts and Estates); Monica B. Mason (Copyright Law; Trademark Law); Hala A. Sandridge (Appellate Law); Andrea E. Zelman (Land Use & Zoning Law); Linda Loomis Shelley (Administrative / Regulatory Law); Heather B. Brock (Labor & Employment); and Kathy J. Tayon (Health Care Law).
- Chambers USA 2012 selected six women practitioners as American’s Leading Business Lawyers: Cathy J. Beveridge (Labor and Employment); Karen A. Brodeen (Real Estate: Zoning /Land Use); Rhea F. Law (Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use); Hala A. Sandridge (Litigation: Appellate); Linda Loomis Shelley (Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use); and Kathy J. Tayon (Healthcare).
- The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) has recognized Fowler White Boggs with its 2012 Gold Standard Certification for integrating women into the highest levels of firm leadership. This is the second year in a row Fowler White Boggs has been awarded this certification. The Gold Standard Certification emphasizes the leadership roles achieved by women partners, rather than the overall number or percentage of women in the partnership. Law firms with 100 or more practicing lawyers in the United States were eligible if they successfully demonstrated that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, of their highest leadership positions, of their governance and compensation committees, and of their most highly compensated partners.
- Finalist for 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal Diversity & Inclusion Award.
- In 2009, the eWomen Network awarded Fowler White Boggs as the Company Most Supportive of Women in Business. eWomen Network is an international women's business group with 114 chapters including Tampa/St. Petersburg.
- Sarah Lahlou-Amine received the annual Pro Bono Award from the Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar. The award is given to a member of the Appellate Practice Section who has made significant pro bono efforts in appellate matters. The Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section enhances the role and skills of Florida Bar members who are engaged in appellate practice through study, continuing legal education, the dissemination of materials on matters of interest and concern to the Section’s membership, and the exchange of ideas and information among the membership.
- Rhea F. Law, CEO and Chair of the Board, was recently selected as a winner of the 2012 Glass Ceiling Award by The Florida Diversity Council at the second annual South Florida Women’s conference.
- W. Donald Cox received our Firm’s inaugural “Diversity Award” for his dedication to diversity and inclusion. Mr. Cox is the Firm’s General Counsel and practices in the area of securities litigation, commercial litigation and insurance regulatory litigation.
- Rhea F. Law, CEO and Chair of the Board, was awarded the University of South Florida President’s Fellow Medallion by President Judy Genshaft at the USF graduation ceremonies on August 7, 2010.
- The Commonwealth Institute recognized Rhea F. Law, Chair of the Board and CEO of Fowler White Boggs, as one of the top women business leaders in Florida.
- Sarah Lahlou-Amine received the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award.
- In 2008, Chambers USA listed Fowler White’s CEO, Rhea Law, as a leading Zoning/Land Use lawyer in the state of Florida. Tampa Bay CEO Magazine also named Ms. Law as 2008’s Tampa Bay CEO of the Year.
- The Florida Bar recognized Hala Sandridge with the Pro Bono Service Award for her individual services in each of Florida’s jurisdictional circuits. The Hillsborough County Bar Association also bestowed Ms. Sandridge with the Jimmy Kynes Pro Bono Award for her numerous hours devoted to appeals representing low income residents.