- Employment Law
- ERISA and Employee Benefits
- Labor Law/Unions
- Non-Competition and Trade Secrets Litigation
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Wage-Hour Law
- Administrative and Legislative Advocacy
Practice LeaderClick to View
- Cathy J. Beveridge
- Heather B. Brock
- Amanda G. Chafin
- Carl Joseph Coleman
- Kimberly A. Gessner
- Andrew M. Gordon
- Vanessa S. Hodgerson
- Eric J. Holshouser
- Katie M. Kelly
- Kelly H. Kolb
- Michael J. Lufkin
- Marilyn W. Miller
- David C. Potter
- Mary Beth Ricke
- Robert G. Riegel, Jr.
- Richard G. Salazar
- Barbara L. Sanchez-Salazar
- Margaret Z. Villella
Our Employment attorneys represent management clients in the full spectrum of employment law matters including Federal and State court and agency litigation, Fair Labor Standards Act, unions, ERISA and employee benefits, and compliance with the multitude of Federal and State employment laws and regulations.
Our attorneys advise and provide preventative counseling to clients on a wide range of topics including EEO issues, wage and hour issues, employee handbooks, personnel policies, compliance programs, reductions in force, affirmative action obligations, and strategies for employee discipline and termination. In addition, our attorneys are experienced in matters involving the Family and Medical Leave Act, sexual and other forms of harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act, and restrictive covenants, such as non-compete provisions and litigation.
For decades, our lawyers have successfully worked with employers on union matters (including NLRA litigation and arbitrations). Our experience includes winning union elections and unfair labor practices cases before the National Labor Relations Board and similar local agencies. Furthermore, we have negotiated favorable union contracts and arbitrated union grievances under union collective bargaining agreements.
In addition, our ERISA and Employee Benefits attorneys represent clients regarding all matters that relate to qualified and non‑qualified deferred compensation plans, including executive compensation programs, as well as employee welfare benefit plans, such as cafeteria plans. They also have substantial experience with COBRA group health plan continuation coverage issues and benefit issues such as Cafeteria Plans and VEBAs.
- David Potter Achieves AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Fowler White Boggs Welcomes Three Associates to the Firm
- Marilyn Miller Achieves AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Eric Holshouser Elected President of the Leadership Board of the Northeast Florida Region of the American Lung Association of the Southeast, Inc.
- Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Recognizes Forty-Three Fowler White Boggs Attorneys
- Thirteen Fowler White Boggs Attorneys Named 2013 Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Forty-Seven Fowler White Boggs Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2013
- Cathy Beveridge Provides Guidance Regarding Workplace Romances
- Vanessa Hodgerson Discusses the Relevancy of College Discrimination Case to Small Business
- Fowler White Boggs Named in U.S. News–Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” Rankings
- Kelly Kolb Weighs in on Political Discussions in the Workplace
- Best Lawyers Names Seven Fowler White Boggs Attorneys 2013 “Lawyers of the Year”
- Fowler White Boggs Welcomes Two Associates to the Firm
- Forty-Two Fowler White Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Fowler White Boggs Named to 2012 Chambers USA
- Thirty-Seven Fowler White Boggs Attorneys Named in Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars 2012
- Duke Jacksonville Law Lunch
- Who's Who Legal Recognizes Four Fowler White Boggs Attorneys
- Five Fowler White Attorneys Named 2012 “Lawyers of the Year” by Best Lawyers
- Forty-Five Fowler White Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012
- Kelly Kolb Quoted in Fortune/CNN Money Article
- Thirteen Fowler White Boggs Attorneys Named 2011 "Florida Legal Elite"
- Chambers USA Names Fowler White Boggs Among Top Law Firms in Florida in Seven Practice Areas
- Kelly Kolb Joins Fowler White Boggs in Fort Lauderdale
- Who's Who Legal Recognizes Three Fowler White Boggs Attorneys
- David Potter to Join Labor and Employment Practice in Fort Myers
- Michael Lufkin Joins Fowler White Boggs in Jacksonville
- Fowler White Boggs Honored In First U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Survey
- Brock Quoted in the Chicago Tribune
- Cathy Beveridge Elected to the Board of Directors of Trust for Florida’s Children
- Thirty-Four Fowler White Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2011
- Richard G. Salazar has been Selected Co-Chair of the Hillsborough County Intellectual Property Bar Association Section
- Robert G. Riegel, Jr. Elected to the Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers
- Eric Holshouser has Been Elected Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Employers Must Respond to all Unemployment Claims or Face Penalties: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- Customer Sues Employer For Discriminatory Treatment By Employee
- Florida's Minimum Wage Increased for 2014
- Did You Know? ¿Sabía Usted? Employers Are Required to Post Some Labor Law Posters in Different Languages
- DOL Releases Final Rule on Domestic Service Exemption
- EEOC Uses Employer’s Email Server to Solicit Class Action Plaintiffs
- Ohio Drywall Firm Pays Over $268K for FLSA, H-2B Violations
- The Growing Wave of ATM Accessibility Lawsuits
- Recent United States Supreme Court Decisions Affecting Employers
- Are Your Independent Contractors Actually Employees?
- Federal Rule 68 and FLSA Collective Actions
- More Controversy With the National Labor Relations Board
- Unlawful Limited Access Policies
- EEOC General Counsel Offers Enforcement Insights
- DOL Issues Final Rule and Survey Results on FMLA's 20th Anniversary
- DOL’s Renewed Focus on Worker Misclassification
- EEOC Outlines Enforcement Priorities in Approved Plan
- Florida's Minimum Wage Increased for 2013
- A Developing "Faragher" Defense to FLSA Claims
- National Labor Relations Board Decisions Impacting Non-Union Private Employers
- Broward County Passes Wage Theft Ordinance
- How (Not) to Respond to a Sex Harassment Complaint Against Senior Management
- An Ounce of Prevention…EEOC Discusses Medical Inquiries
- EEOC Issues Guidance On Employer Criminal Background Checks
- EEOC Hearing On Employer Criminal Background Checks Portends Upcoming Changes To The Hiring Process
- Employers Relieved (once again) from Obligation to Post the Notice of Employee Rights
- Q&A on RFOA Defense Provides Practical Guidance on Unintentional Age Bias
- Guest Column: Drug Testing Law May Need Some Tweaking
- The Inability To Work Overtime Is Not ADA Disability
- Court Gives Green Light to NLRB Notice
- Guest Column: Performance Reviews Protect Company, Help Employees Grow
- EEOC Charges Escalate, Again
- NLRB Posting Requirements Extended
- Florida Minimum Wage To Increase - Again
- IRS Launches “Amnesty” Program for Employers with Employee Misclassification Issues
- Guest Column: Workplace Bullying - Why Employers Should Care
- NLRB Notice of Rights - Part III
- NLRB Notice of Rights Poster
- NLRB Mandates Posting Notice of Employee Collective Bargaining Rights
- Wall Street Reform Legislation Will Have Impact on Some Employer Background Checks
- Florida Court Mandates Increase to State Minimum Wage
- House Bill Would Require Secret Ballot Elections for Union Certification
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Oral Complaints are Protected Conduct Under the FLSA
- U.S. Supreme Court: Third-Party has Standing to Sue Employer for Retaliation
- EEOC Advises Caution When Soliciting Records
- NLRB Breaking News
- The Customer is Not Always Right
- Enforcement Of Non-Competition Agreements Against Physicians
- Are you Considering Going Green?
From Our Video Library
The Intersection of the FMLA and the ADA: How to Spot and Address Common Issues
Eric Holshouser, Esq.
Anticipating and Counteracting Off-the-Clock and Misclassification Issues While Staying Balanced
Eric J. Holshouser, Esq.
Employer Liability and Social Media: Illegal Defenses & How to Avoid Them
Kelly H. Kolb, Esq.
Employment law attorney Vanessa Hodgerson offers solutions on how to handle workplace bullying.
Employment law attorney Vanessa Hodgerson offers advice on how to play 'smart'.
Do You Know How to Effectively Handle and Prepare for Unemployment Compensation Hearings?
By: Eric J. Holshouser, Esq.
Why Plaintiffs Love It
How Employers Should Approach It
Recent Trends and Interesting Topics
By: David C. Potter, Esq.
Heather Brock, a shareholder in the firm's Employment Law practice, was recently a guest on the Daytime show to offer tips on what’s appropriate (and not) to wear in today’s workplace.